At the beginning of January I thought I would post about my sewing related presents but of course time has moved on and I thought I should do it before the end of January!
I had some lovely gifts: The Camber Set from Merchant and Mills, Bowline Sweater from Papercut Patterns, Entomology pins which are for fine fabrics and are the thinnest pins I have every used – they’re amazing!
The two brass buttons I have used for my Tilly and the Buttons Cleo dungaree dress – yet to be blogged.
My next project will be the Bowline Sweater which I am hoping will be a quick sew on my overlocker. It’s a real treat for me to get proper paper patterns and I tend to by PDFs which is fine but of course I have all the printing and taping together to do before I even start sewing!
I’m back to my college course on Wednesday and need to put all my alterations into a new toile so I better get cracking!
Well, I’ll tell you! Firstly, Happy New Year!!
As a curvy girl with a rounded bum I always need to buy the size to accommodate my arse. This usually means that there is loads of spare fabric round my waist, which makes me look like I have a bigger tummy, especially with thicker sweatshirt fabric.
Making my own means that I can grade between sizes and eliminate the extra bulk – always a plus! Especially after my Christmas excesses (although I have started my Couch to 5K programme ha! day 4 and going strong!!)
The pattern I used is Anima from Papercut Patterns. The fabric I used for this first tester pair is some cheap jersey from Ebay and to be honest its a bit too thin but I like how they fit. I made a mini pair for my son too with the same fabric but I was told no pics allowed of him!
I used some ribbon to stop the pockets from stretching out – I always cut off the ribbon loops you get in RTW tops and use those! I made them on my overlocker except the top stitching on the pockets.
For my next “proper” pair I will take in a bit more from the waist and use thicker sweatshirt fabric, this:
It’s a sweatshirt fabric with a ripped denim print on it, I did think about making a dress from it but decided that would be a bit too much but jogging bottoms will be great!
Nearly finished – just the waist band to attach!
Hope you all had a good Christmas and are brimming with sewing schemes and plans!